Saturday, October 30, 2010

To a Good Man

My friend and older brother Samer,
How are you? I hope that you are doing fine and feeling comfortable. How is your family. I hope that life is treating you well.

It has been a very long time since I last met you or spoke to you and I want you to know that I have never forgotten about you. First I would like to tell that I am doing fine. I am doing what I have to do to survive in this world and make a place for my self. I have graduated in May 2007 and found a job in California after that. I have been living and working there for more than three years.

So many things have happened since I left Syria and so many changes have happened. What keeps me going are people like you who were there to support me and love me when I had not family to do that.

I want you to know that I remember very vividly how kind and loving you were to me. I remember how you used to sit and listen to me when I felt like no one in this world cared about me. You made me feel like I was significant. I enjoyed listening to your advice. Most importantly you wiped away some of my tears and you gave me a shoulder to cry on.

I want you that I have never forgotten and will never forget. I hope the days will join us again in joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment